IUPUI is committed to engaging students for the purpose of providing feedback on a variety of topics. We are seeking eight outstanding Jaguars to be a consistent student voice for Chancellor Paydar and campus leadership, reflecting the diversity of experiences and backgrounds of our undergraduate population.
Chancellor's Student Advisory Board
Who is eligible?
Currently enrolled full-time undergraduate degree-seeking students.
Candidates must have at least a 3.0 cumulative IUPUI GPA, be in good standing with regard to academic and personal conduct at the time of application, and must maintain this standing throughout the term of appointment to the board. Undergraduate candidates must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours.
A panel of representatives from the Division of Student Affairs, the Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and the Office of Academic Affairs, will participate in the review process. The selection committee will be advised by an ex-officio member from the Division of Student Affairs and overseen by the Office of the Chancellor.
- Application Requirements
- Online application showcasing IUPUI campus and community involvement.
- One letter of recommendation attesting to the student’s leadership and engagement activities.
- Resume that showcases campus and community commitment.
- Responsibilities and Expectations
- Serve as a student representative on the Chancellor’s Student Advisory Board.
- Members of the board are expected to remain in good standing with all federal, state, and local laws as well as all university policies and standards.
- Members are expected to participate in regular board meetings deemed necessary by the university with designated facilitator.
- Members of the board must conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Members must honor confidentiality of information disclosed.
- Advisory Board members serve at the invitation of the Chancellor and must continue to meet the stated responsibilities and expectations to continue to serve.
Terms of Service
Board members serve a one-year term, which will begin during the spring 2019 semester and conclude at the end of the fall 2019 semester.
The board will meet twice each semester with Chancellor Paydar. The Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs and appropriate staff will meet with board members to prepare for upcoming meetings as needed. The time commitment will be approximately two hours each month.
- Application Deadline - Monday, January 27, 2020
- Official notification to students - Week of March 9, 2020