As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, IUPUI has undertaken campus-wide planning efforts to prepare for the future.
Planning for COVID-19 will provide administrators—at both the campus and unit levels—the information they need to guide decisions, allocate resources, and plan for what may be a new "normal" for the campus. This may include on-site instruction, online course delivery, or some combination of the two.
This inclusive process will involve colleagues from across IUPUI, IUPUC, and IU Fort Wayne, selected for their strategic position and expertise. These colleagues will be part of task forces to plan for our continued response to this pandemic.
Following are the five scenarios for the planning exercise:
- Scenario 1: Return to face-to-face teaching in the fall
- Scenario 2: Fall hybrid – face-to-face and online; spring face-to-face
- Scenario 3: Fall online and spring face-to-face
- Scenario 4: Fall face-to-face and back to online for spring
- Scenario 5: Entire academic year online
Twelve task forces, each representing a specific domain of responsibility, will address several questions and outline key issues, priorities, and unanswered questions for their particular area of responsibility. A Steering Committee will coordinate activities across all task forces and will synthesize, summarize, and prioritize task force reports for presentation to the chancellor.